[G4] safari questions

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 21 16:09:11 PDT 2005

On 22/7/2005 7:04 AM, "Steve Goldstein" <sng at cox.net> wrote:

> At 8:53 PM +0000 7/21/05, dapper dan wrote:

>> should i be running it instead of explorer or firefox?and if i should,how do
>> i download it?
>
> Firefox is great.
>
> Safari also has its good points.  You can get version 1.2 at:

Personally I default to Safari for most things because I have hundreds of
categorised bookmarks, and I find Safari the best at organising bookmarks.
However when posting to blogs or websites, I use Netscape for its inbuilt
support for wysiwyg editing and extensions for TypePad posting. Firefox
supports extensions and so is a good all round choice, excelling at most
things, but not the very best at any of them.

Opera, much better than it's 'forgotten' status indicates is however often
disappointing. Eg, it doesn¹t support the aforementioned extensions.

I would put Internet Explorer at the bottom of any list, the only
explanation for it's continued use seems to be habit.

A question: does anyone know if the latest Safari works with 10.3.9 and if I
can down load it easily? I won't go to 'Tiger' yet, but would like the RSS
of the new Safari.

Tony