[G4] software question for mac

keithw keith_w at dslextreme.com
Wed Jun 1 11:52:38 PDT 2005

Shawn King wrote:

> On 6/1/05 1:24 PM, "dapper dan" <dapperdan7 at hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Floppies are no longer of any use to 99% of the computing population.

I sorely lamented the "loss" of floppy drives, until I belatedly found
out about Jump Drives!
Who _needs_ a floppy drive, when you can have a little 512 MB USB Jump
Drive, that holds over 350 high-density floppy discs worth of data? For
pennies...

Of course, if you have a few boxes of HD discs and no drive to use them
in, I guess you DO have a problem...
In that case, you can usually buy an external HD Disc Drive and use it
to your heart's content.
But, I'd bet you'll eventually convert to using those Jump Drives.
They're quite cost (and space) effective!

keith whaley