[G4] software question for mac

Kevin Avery pipergeek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:05:17 PDT 2005

On 6/3/05, Dennis B. Swaney <romad at nvwisp.com> wrote:
> At 7:29 AM -0500 6/3/05, Kevin Avery wrote:
> >
> >  >
> >Also consider that newer programs are larger in size. So there is a
> >strong possibility that a mac/win hybrid disk is not possible simply
> >because there isn't enough room on one CD for them.
>
> That is why there are DVDs. On a DVD, you could, conceivably, put
> Mac, Win, Unix, Linix, et. al. Hey, if someone could write a driver,
> you might even put on GS/OS, ProDOS, and even DOS 3.3 versions!
> --
> Sincerely,
> Dennis B. Swaney

Agreed, but the only software I have ever bought on a DVD was Tiger.
(so far) I am sure in the near future more software will come on DVD.
At the current time most of it comes on CD. I think that there are
more computers out there with CD drives than DVD drives. Just as an
example, 3 out of the 4 computers that we use at home do not have DVD
drives in them.

But this is just a personal observation on my part, just like my last
message was.

take care,
Kevin Avery