[G4] Jump Drive

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sat Jun 4 16:42:14 PDT 2005

On 4 Jun, 2005, at 13:55, whshaw wrote:

Hello,
I want to backup information from my new eMac. Would a "Jump Drive" be
a good vehicle?
Do I just plug it into a USB port?

My suggestion would be to buy an external FireWire box with as large a
hard drive as you can easily afford. Connect it to your eMac and use a
back-up program to copy your data to it.

If you use software that allows you to make a "clone" copy of your
internal hard drive, you could use it later to boot up your eMac if you
have drive problems that won't let you boot to the internal drive. It
would not hurt to install utility software on both drives that you
could use to make repairs if needed.