[G4] Help on upgrading my G4

Jim Davis nomorebush at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 18:26:06 PDT 2005

These are uncertain times in Macland- prices are about to take a tumble.  While that means your machine is about to depreciate dramatically, the machine you would now invest in would certainly see a more profound effect.
Personally, I would just max out the ram.  That would be a truly inexpensive investment that would provide you with quite a speed bump.  I am pretty sure you have room for another gig of ram (2-512's).  That's a nice jump.
Do you run Onyx or otherwise maintain your machine's operating environment?  You'd be surprised just how much of an upgrade that would be.
Additionally, you could try installing Mozilla's Firefox and try browsing with that.  It runs rings around Safari"s constant hiccups.
Get your upgrade groove on when you have to- but I don't that time is necessarily now.