[G4] Help on upgrading my G4

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Tue Jun 7 11:08:09 PDT 2005

Always good to have RAM; But Mac times are really very certain.

For most users there will be no effect in the change to Intel. PPC
Macs may even have an added value when people see that the Intel dual
core chips have a extreme copy right restriction and spyware built
into the chip hardware. You will not be able to strip DMA from
anything. Copy right will be law applied by companies and law makers
turn law over to corporation whim. The old hardware will retain a
small measure of freedom for a short while. Applications will use
this DMA on the chip to make applications work on only the hardware
they chose.

This why the big software companies have so readily jumped on the
wagon so quickly. These guys see a future that will tie your computer
to them in ways we can't imagine. The information they gather will be
used and sold daily to "make your computing experience more
convenient." You are actually going to ask them to do this. Why would
you do this? Monopolies own the software you use and will make it
very expensive over the next 7 years. They will lease much cheaper
than sell; And leasing with you signing off on the "Convenience Plan"
will get to a price you are paying now.

Your old hardware will run good DMA free applications for awhile.
Eventually the work done in older applications will not work in the
workspace of the new DMA workspace; then world subjugation is
complete. You will own nothing and pay for everything; You will do so
by your own hand. The difference between Apple and Microsoft = Apple
will provide us wonderful tools and design for building or own
prison, and MS will provide shitty tools and steal the design.

Roger