[G4] Sleep vs Shutdown

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 6 21:08:18 PDT 2005

When I was in 10.2 I had updated as far as I could - without 10.3 I ran
pretty close to a year - say 8 or 10 months.  In OS 9 the system could
not handle uptime like that and I found it better to shutdown at end of
day.

As for the maintenance I run them from time to time from Terminal.

>> My personal experience is opposite what you have said. [...]
>
> This is not an issue of personal experience.
>
> "With equipment that is Energy Star compliant ...."

As for personal experience - I was reffering to what the OS was capable
of, not energy compliance.  I think if you base your opinion on energy
compliance specs then you probably haven't used your Mac much yet.  But
  your perspective was interesting - 8 hours in sleep = about the energy
of a boot up - didn't know that.

jj

On 6-Jun-05, at 9:26 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com