[G4] Has hell frozen over?

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Tue Jun 7 11:22:51 PDT 2005

As Kunga and others point out:

There isn't a reason to wait on hardware or software purchases. This
software isn't going to change in the way it did going from OS9 to
OSX. You will not even pay a penalty using Power based chips for
quite a while after we go to Intel. Can you say "Universal Binaries)"
I knew you could.

I will buy a new tower this summer or next winter knowing this will
be good for several years. I have already posted my thoughts on the
Mactel Chip DMA (preceding post) and this may cause me to buy another
Power mac before the towers go to Intel. But I will also be glad for
the performance we will get from later versions of the Mactel Chips.
can you say "Rosetta" I knew you could.

This will actually be fun.

roger