[G4] Has hell frozen over?

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 04:46:23 PDT 2005

I was watching the Keynote address last night and only got about 1/2
way through to the point where the guy from Mathematica came out.
This morning, I finished watching the Keynote.  I see that this is
going to be fantastic for all of us.  All of our present apps will
continue to run on Intel Macs with 'rosetta' and developers will
begin using the 'binaries' thingy so that all future apps will
install either on PPC or Intel chips.
I have to say, I'm psyched.  We will continue to have top quality
computes made by Apple and an operating system that is the most
stable and safe in the history of computing.
Next OS is going to be Leopard....I wonder if they're going to try to
start selling this OS to present Windows users?  Is this going to be
the beginning for Mac OS software vs. Windows?  I think so.  Damn, I
wish I owned some Apple stock...but alas.
I can only say that I am happy with Apple's decision (although when I
first heard about it, I was not) and I'm looking forward to buying my
first Intel based Mac.  In the future, we might have to rename some
of mailing lists ;)

Tim