[G4] 10.4 + G4 500 AGP + ATI Radeon 8500 + Pioneer DVR-109 = No DVD movies play...

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 06:19:15 PDT 2005

Does anyone else have this problem with DVD movies not playing
properly with the Apple DVD player?

I have a G4 500 AGP Sawtooth system, a pioneer DVR-109, ATI Radeon
8500 and Mac os 10.4.1 with the Apple DVD player update as well. I
can't play DVD with this set up, they appear garbled and scrambled
like a bad satellite TV reception.  Does any one here have this
problem, too?

I have check apple discussion board and it is noted there, seems to
be a issue with the ATI Radeon 8500 Graphics card.

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.