[G4] 10.4 + G4 500 AGP + ATI Radeon 8500 + Pioneer DVR-109 = No DVD movies play...

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 20:39:04 PDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 9:19 AM, Daniel Brieck Jr. wrote:

> Does anyone else have this problem with DVD movies not playing
> properly with the Apple DVD player?
>
> I have a G4 500 AGP Sawtooth system, a pioneer DVR-109, ATI Radeon
> 8500 and Mac os 10.4.1 with the Apple DVD player update as well. I
> can't play DVD with this set up, they appear garbled and scrambled
> like a bad satellite TV reception.  Does any one here have this
> problem, too?
>
> I have check apple discussion board and it is noted there, seems to
> be a issue with the ATI Radeon 8500 Graphics card.
>
> Daniel J. Brieck Jr.

Yes, I have the same problem on my Sawtooth with the same Pioneer
DVR, the same Radeon 8500, and same software updates. I am not sure
if it worked before the 10.4.1 and the DVD player update. But I am
sure it worked in 10.3.9. There are others with the problem, I was
reading some on the Apple/Tiger forum. Hopefully there will be a fix.
I can't afford a new video card right now.

Greg