[G4] Has hell frozen over?

keithw keith_w at dslextreme.com
Tue Jun 7 10:54:32 PDT 2005

Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Steve Jobs didn't do it just because he liked it.  He knows it will
> cost money.  He must have been with his back against the wall.  We  only
> can see it from customers point of view.  And we sure don't  applaud it.
>
> Paul Moortgat

Right!
I can only imagine what he must have felt, watching Apple's products be
wildly accepted, yet not gaining more than a full percentage point of
customer usage, when it's all added up.

PC with something like 92% of the market share of sales, Apple/Mac with
what - maaybe 3.5%? Terrible...

So, kill two birds with one stone. Keep almost 100% of the Mac
capability, but get deadly serious about having all the Macs run PC
software, as seamlessly as possible. Voila! Rosetta!

I wish him well. His engineers will have to have addressed the terrible
vulnerability of PC OS's to allow viruses onboard.
If he can keep Mac as free as it's been in the past, it will be another
walk-on-water accomplishment for Steve.
I don't know if that's possible, but I have fond hopes.

keith whaley