[G4] Re: trashing system preferences "Again"

Mark Laurint youdono at comcast.net
Thu Jun 9 17:54:09 PDT 2005

Trashing is the least of your worries (deleting a file owned by root is
no big deal as long as you have admin privs, just use Terminal.). Why
do you have 6 copies of the same panel? What actions have you performed
to get there?

When you say "trash", do you mean, (a) trying to remove the panel in
System Preferences, or, (b) trying to trash the file
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Localization.prefPane in Finder?

Thanks for the responses
I have no Idea what I did to make the extra copies of the international
panel besides trying to delete the file from
/OSX/share/emacs/21.1/lisp/international, in Finder. This is when I get
the root file warning. I don't have a emac!

I'd like to get rid of (trash) the 5 copies and leave one on the system
preference panel. One is in the "personal row" of the panel and 5 are
in the "other" row.
OS9 was sooo much easier!