[G4] Do I need a new DVD Player?

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Jun 10 12:44:54 PDT 2005

On 9 Jun, 2005, at 7:41, Richard M. Kriss wrote:

Something tells me the old RCA DVD Player we have on top of the RCA Home
Theater may be old stuff and needs to be replaced as it will not play
DVD's
that play on my G4.

I have been told that many DVD players will not recognize a DVD that
was made at home on a new burner. Not sure exactly what the reason is,
but I do know that I have the same problem with both of my players.
They will play commercial DVDs without any problems, just won't see my
home-made disks at all.

I am almost ready to go to Circuit City and check out newer players
also. I am waiting till I get fully fed up with this problem. So far, I
haven't really NEEDED to play home-made disks on the TV, so it may not
ever become an issue for me. When I make a copy of a DVD using
MacTheRipper, I only play it on my laptop when traveling so it isn't
that much of an issue - yet.