[G4] one more memory question

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Wed Jun 15 09:45:15 PDT 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 1:37 PM, dapper dan wrote:

> well, i talked to kingston and a one gig module is over 200$.i asked
> if there was a big difference in terms of quality with buying generic
> memory and he said that the cheaper modules "might" work but would
> require some sort of "configeration" and they could not guarantee it
> working.truth or b.s. my seasoned mac users?any help most welcomed.

A general answer to a general question is that generic memory may no
meet Apple's standards of quality and may not work with current or
future versions of OS X.  But only if you check this list with a
specific brand/model may you get specific problem statements.

Personally, I would check Kingston pricing with Crucial and OWC
offerings, both of which have excellent, if not impeccable, records of
comment in these Mac support e-lists.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.