[G4] G4 400Mhz Photoshop / OSX.4 upgrade question!

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 16 06:47:23 PDT 2005

Hello all!

     I have a G4 400Mhz (AGP I believe) with a Radeon ATI 8500 Graphics
card. Currently Im running with OSX.2.8 and will upgrade next week to
the Tiger system. My problem is that my Photoshop upgrade (CS2) just
arrived and I am anxious to give it a try .

Question #1: Is there any problem in doing an installation now on X2.8
or would it behoove me to wait till I upgrade to the Tiger Operating
System?

     I realize that my processor is just too slow for a DVD upgrade (to
a pioneer 109 model) and I am considering MacFranking via a Sonnet or
OWC Mercury 1.4Mhz to get the necessary functionality

Question #2: How much speed (minimum) is needed to operate the pioneer
109? I only want enough speed for  good DVD burning (Im not in a hurry
to spit out dozens at a session).

Question #3: Im not sure what kind of power supply is in this G4. Does
anyone have an opinion as to whether or not a higher wattage is needed
(or even available for that matter)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback on this.

Tom