[G4] Pioneer 109 Purchase advice needed

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jun 19 04:28:08 PDT 2005

Hello All,
    I have recently searched ebay for the Pioneer 109 drive that I would
like to upgrade into my 400MHZ G4. They have a lot listed as new with
ATAPI/E-IDE connections but none mention the Mac operating systems (just
PC OS's). Are these not the correct Pioneer 109's for a Mac?  Most of
these sellers are asking $17+ for S&H. Has anyone out there in G4 land
made this upgrade recently and could offer their advice? I am not
necessarily looking for the cheapest way to go but rather the most
effecient way with a good seller that will listen if theres a problem.

I just upgraded to the Tiger OSX.4.0.1 and also the Photshop CS2. Both
are great and I am slowly coming over completely to the OSX side and
getting away from the older OS9.2.2 though I like having the best of
both worlds.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tom