[G4] .Mail App-> Eudora and HTML

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sun Jun 19 11:31:45 PDT 2005

At 14:08 -0400 6/19/05, Steve Goldstein wrote:
>Sure, sure, I know that.  But, I get a lot of web-like pages from vendors or financial institutions, or whatever (INCLUDING APPLE e-NEWS!!!), that I really want to read, and I have to use "Open in Browser" command in Eudora to see them properly.  I have made a button on my toolbar with that command, so all I have to do is click the button.  But, Eudora on a PC renders the HTML instantly, right inside the e-mail message window (as does Mail.app).  I don't know why Eudora cannot do this on a Mac, too.

Eudora can do a lot of it but it can be turned off in settings.

You don't ever want to turn on automatic downloading of html anchors that go out on the internet to a site other than your mail server. So much spam depends on that for verifying your address and other nefarious schemes that the risk just isn't worth it. I'm not surprised that the peecee world defaults to that dangerous preference.

HTML mail to me that isn't from an address on my short white list gets filtered into the spam bucket. If it's from a company I know, Analog Devices, Freescale. . . I plan to wind up at their web site anyway. It's just the link I want. Open in Browser gets me half way there.
--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, but not thoroughly, thought through.