[G4] .Mail App

Dennis B. Swaney romad at nvwisp.com
Mon Jun 20 08:51:41 PDT 2005

At 8:30 AM -0400 6/20/05, Tim Collier wrote:
>Ahhh, see I use the mail app like this:  the accounts thingy on the
>left (can't move it anyway) and a pre-view pane on the right, at the
>top of the preview pane are the email messages.  I can scroll
>through the messages and the content is displayed below.  To me (at
>least) this is the perfect way to view mail.....it's more or less
>the same as Entourage.

Sigh, I don't understand this trend of Apple to slavishly copy
Microsoft's ideas of email. I have to use Outlook at work and I have
set it up to turn off the preview pane below the message list.

However, at least in Outlook there are up/down arrows in the menu bar
to let you move to the next or previous so I can navigate much like
in Eudora. If AppleMail would add something like that, I'd consider
using it. Right now I just use it for my .mac account but I'm
probably not going to renew that.
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is
... oh, never mind."