[G4] .Mail App--how much?

Crazy Miz B paula at crazedcowboys.com
Sun Jun 19 15:12:38 PDT 2005

On Jun 19, 2005, at 8:22 AM, Steve Goldstein wrote:

> Mail.app **works** for me, but it is an absolute drudge compared to
> Eudora which, though lousy at rendering HTML, and not coordinated with
> AddressBook, can thread operations (like fetching mail and reading
> mail at the same time), whereas with Mail.app, it can do only one
> thing at a time.  While Mail.app updates the indexes of various
> "smart" mail folders, for example, nothing else can happen.  You are
> dead in the water while you wait for it to finish.  Or, when you Send
> a message, you have to sit and wait for the "whoosh," whereas in
> Eudora and other good mail clients, you can send in the background and
> go on to another task while the sending operations take place.
> Mail.app is fine for a person that works with only a handful of
> messages daily and does not have huge mail archives, but I find it
> terribly underpowered for my needs.

How many emails do some of you heavy-hitters work with a day? Very
curious! I hope one day I increase to an overload of meaningful stuff,
instead of making rules and setting keywords to verboten-ize spam with
my absolutely godlike host. My tiny businesses earn me a living, but
certainly not one that would impress anybody.

I live vicariously through the massive successes of some of you. What a
life---ya gotta love it.  ;  )

I often wonder what kind of work you folks do.

Paula
aka Miz B

http://crazedcowboys.com
http://mizbsporch.com
---
Go ahead and bring on the crazies, folks....We do every day.