[G4] Disk Warrior vs. Optical Mouse

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 11:37:47 PDT 2005

On 20 Jun, 2005, at 10:23, Crazy Miz B wrote:

Anybody have a clue as to how I can get my mac to use Disk Warrior as
startup disk, when my keyboard/mouse are wireless?

I tried a dozen times with the "c" key, then finally realized it wasn't
"seeing" the disk.

Do I have to borrow somebody's hard-wired keyboard? That's quite the
fly in the ointment, ain't it? So much for wireless....

In a word - YES.

The wireless controls are not recognized until the system has almost
completed the startup procedure. If they are not recognized at
power-up, the keyboard/mouse won't have any effect on selecting the
boot volume.

You could always boot up, select the DW cd as the boot volume and do a
restart to achieve your goal. My only question at that point would be
whether or not the DW cd would recognize the wireless keyboard/mouse at
all.

My final suggestion is get a wired keyboard/mouse and keep them around
for situations like this. It only takes a moment to switch from
wireless to wired and you will always have the tools to get your work
done properly.