[G4] New hard drive question

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 21:52:21 PDT 2005

Al,

I bought a used MDD dual 867 and it came with a Maxtor HD that was 128 GB in
capacity even though the person said it was a 240 GB HD. I reformatted it in
9.2.2 and it now says it has a capacity of 234 GB. ASP reports it on the ATA2
bus (100MHz) at ID=0. In the Hard Drive expanded box it says Size 137.42 GB and
Capascity of 128 GB. Next to it where it shows the drive, in the expanded box
it says Capacity 233.74 GB with 233.72 GB Available. So, ASP gives
conflicting results and so I don't know how much it really holds. It's pretty much empty
as I plan on using it for video work. Just my .02 cents.

STeve

<< Another alternative to consider is an external Firewire drive.   In
either case, a question is whether your MDD will see all 200 GB without
a new PCI controller card.

Al Poulin >>