[G4] OSX10.4.1 DVD Player problem!

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Fri Jun 24 17:00:50 PDT 2005

I am having the same problem with the Apple DVD player....

It is probably an issue with the Mac os 10 and / or the Graphics
card. By chance do you have a ATI Radeon 8500>? I do and was told it
is causing the problems such as what you are having. it is either an
ATI or Apple problem. I am waiting for 10.4.2 to see if that fixes
it... I really don't watch DVD much on the mac, but if you need to
watch DVD in the mean time try VLC media player. http://
www.videolan.org/vlc/

hope this helps, I am really not to worried about it as of now, but
if the next os update does not fix it I will start to be concerned
and will contact ATI or try my old Rage 128 card to see if that fixes
it.

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.