[G4] Upgrading eMac

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Mon Jun 27 14:56:14 PDT 2005

Greetings (*^_^*)

On Jun 27, 2005, at 2:44 PM, Kunga wrote:

> Keep running Software Update until no more updates appear. Then you
> will be Up-To-Date. I check my software update twice a day and three
> times on Sundays. Can't wait for 10.4.2 to appear soon.

> On Jun 27, 2005, at 2:00 PM, whshaw wrote:
>
>> The Apple menu has an item-"Software Update". I clicked on that and a
>> list of updates appear which includes " Mac OS X Update combined
>> 10.3.9"
>>
>> Wilton

I had to reload "OS X" from the original disk's once and when I
selected the "Mac OS X Update combined  10.3.x" it wasn't the 10.3.9
combined, my machine (G4 AGP) had all kinds of problems.
So just be aware, that if after running the "Combined" up-date, things
don't seem to be OKay, you might have to reload from disk and then go
to apple.com and get each one of the updates and install them one at a
time. Be aware that there are also some security up-dates and perhaps I
didn't install them in the correct order in relation to the "combined"
up-date. That is assuming that the individual up-dates are still on he
apple WEB site. They seam to have a habit of removing items.

Best Regards,

Harry (*^_^*)