[G4] Telephony headsets

david david at coffeehouseculture.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 08:46:26 PDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I am just about to set up a VOIP system for the first time and I have been
looking around at headsets. I don't really want to use up my last USB port so
I have been looking at headsets with normal mic and speaker plugs. The
descriptions of these say that they are compatible with Macs fitted with
sound cards and the plugs look just like the ones my speakers and appletalk
mic use. I presume that means that I have the required sound card. Sorry to
be so dim but I would be grateful if someone could confirm it for me. Thank you.

I am using a G4 400 Mhz dual processor.

Although I cannot ascertain whether or not it is a VOIP program, I am
intending using iVisit as it does everything I need and can handle the cross
platform situation I will be working in. If anyone has experience of any
other similar software or has any advice or warnings to impart regarding
internet telephony and Macs, I would be very grateful.

Although I have never submitted a query to the list before, in passing I
would like to thank all those who have. The list has been a constant source
of information and of occasional amusement for many years.

Thank you for reading this. All contributions gratefully received.

David