[G4] RE: How to use a Seagate SATA drive on a G4 AGP

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Wed Jun 29 20:13:08 PDT 2005

Dick,

There was maybe a dozen posts very recently about the pros of a SATA
drive vs ATA.  Most folks spoke of a significant increase in
performance and speed.  Yes the card is about $60 and the drives can be
bought about the same price, perhaps a little , than a ATA drive.  I
bought a 120 gig SATA for $50 about about two months ago and have been
waiting to install it. The recent raving about the better SATA
performance inspired me to purchase the SATA card. It just arrived
today -- Sonnet $64 from newegg.com.  I plan on making everything work
this weekend.  Check the SATA posts during the past month for more
info.

rich