[G4] RE: How to use a Seagate SATA drive on a G4 AGP

James Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 30 17:29:04 PDT 2005

It's probably not worth it to grab 80 gb - i did it since I wanted to
break the 128gb barrier on the onboard ATA controller of my AGP.  Also,
I already had two ATA drives so I needed to get a card of some sort to
add the third drive.

The perf uptick was a side bonus.  Given you can now get 500gb SATA
drives, I'll wait for another few months when they hit the $120 price
point :)  and hook myself up.