[G4] RE: How to use a Seagate SATA drive on a G4 AGP

Wade Perry wadeperry at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 30 17:50:17 PDT 2005

Just my two cents on the ATA vs SATA issues. While the
cost of ATA vs SATA is certainly a concern. If you are
going to go the SATA route, spend the money and buy
the Seagate or Western Digital 10'000 rpm 74 GB drive.
We recently set up a new "desktop' system that runs a
POS database. The difference in access time and
throughput vs the 7,200 rpm drive is amazing. Check
the specs.

http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buyer/ProductM.jsp?nxtg=606f7d_323058B0D9F78BC7&kw=Western_Digital_74_GB&product=60125035&pdir=0&click=n&node=&core=2&page=1&lgnode=&lgsearch=10000+rpm+sata

http://store.westerndigital.com/product.asp?
sku=2439812