[G4] drive icons move around

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sat Mar 5 12:17:52 PST 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 12:11 PM, rich northouse wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am running OSX.3.8 on my Quick Silver. I like to have the icons that
> represent my disk drives ( I have three) in a vertical column on the
> right side of my monitor screen. I have been doing that for almost
> twenty years of Mac use.  But under the last few versions of OSX, that
> upon booting up, they seem to move all over the place, usually ending
> up mashed together in the lower right corner.
>
> Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a way to lock the icons at a
> certain location?
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.

With Finder in your top menu bar, in the View menu, go to View Options.
  Is Snap to Grid enabled?  Otherwise play around with the available
settings.  I am running 10.3.7, no problem.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.