[G4] drive icons move around

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Sat Mar 5 09:11:52 PST 2005

Hi Guys,

I am running OSX.3.8 on my Quick Silver. I like to have the icons that
represent my disk drives ( I have three) in a vertical column on the
right side of my monitor screen. I have been doing that for almost
twenty years of Mac use.  But under the last few versions of OSX, that
upon booting up, they seem to move all over the place, usually ending
up mashed together in the lower right corner.

Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a way to lock the icons at a
certain location?

Thanks for your suggestions.

rich