[G4] Re-installing Panther

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Mon Mar 7 05:30:34 PST 2005

Address Book

Yes there is an easy way to do the Address Book. if you can boot from
the previous system folder still. Just boot from the previous system
folder and start up the Address Book application. Then go to the File
menu and select "Back Up Database...". Then boot from your new system
folder and restore the address book, using the "Revert to Database
Backup" (File menu option  in the address book app).

If you can't boot from the previous sys then copy the "Addresses"
folder to your new sys set up.

located   "your home folder"/Library/Addresses

Safari

There is not an easy way to back up / export your bookmarks unless you
have .mac. Another reason to use Firefox, but that is another story. So
what you have to do is manually locate your bookmarks file in Safari's
preferences which is stored on your mac and then copy them to the new
location.

1. Start up on the old sys folder and Make sure Safari is not running.

2. Find your Safari bookmarks which are usually located.  "Your home
folder"/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist/

3. make a copy of the file "Bookmarks.plist" place it where you can
easily get to it from the other system folder

4. Now reboot to the new sys folder and find and replace the existing
"Bookmarks.plist" with the one you copied. It will be located in the
same order as step number 2.

5. Start Safari and you will have you old bookmarks back

Hope this help, let us know if it does not...

Dan Brieck Jr.