[G4] Re-installing Panther

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon Mar 7 16:07:41 PST 2005

On Mar 7, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Daniel Brieck Jr. wrote:

> Safari
>
> There is not an easy way to back up / export your bookmarks unless you
> have .mac. Another reason to use Firefox, but that is another story.
> So what you have to do is manually locate your bookmarks file in
> Safari's preferences which is stored on your mac and then copy them to
> the new location.
>
> 1. Start up on the old sys folder and Make sure Safari is not running.
>
> 2. Find your Safari bookmarks which are usually located.  "Your home
> folder"/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist/
>
> 3. make a copy of the file "Bookmarks.plist" place it where you can
> easily get to it from the other system folder
>
> 4. Now reboot to the new sys folder and find and replace the existing
> "Bookmarks.plist" with the one you copied. It will be located in the
> same order as step number 2.
>
> 5. Start Safari and you will have you old bookmarks back
>

> Hope this help, let us know if it does not...
>
> Dan Brieck Jr.

It was actually quite simple.  Thanks for the advice.  I still have the
other system folder on my other hard drive, so all I had to do was
delete the file in my new system and then copy the file from the old
system.  That should be about everything.  I am still going to wait a
while before I erase the old system.

BTW, I don't know if it is because I am using a new install, or the
fact that is on a RAID set up on 2 ATA drives, but my system seems
quite a bit faster.

Thanks

Kevin