[G4] Re: G4] Can I update my OS with this?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 6 20:01:20 PST 2005

On 03/06/05, Ascender <ascender at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have a G4 PowerMac and am trying to update my Operating System to 9.2.8.
> I only want to update this far as my other software would need to be updated
> beyond that and I can't afford it at this time.
>
> I ordered software from OperatorHeadGap.com   The installation discs say
> 'eMac Mac OS; Install 1 and 2'.  Can I install these discs or did I order
> the wrong thing?
>
> This is the product I ordered:
> http://stn2.headgap.com/resale/FMPro?-token=12941577&-db=ProductsC.fp3&-lay=
> WEB&-format=items.htm&-sortfield=SortID&-Max=40&category=software&-find
>
> Says "eMac" on the label:
>
> (pasted) Mac OSX 10.2 Jaguar CD's ONLY w/FREE OSX Kitchen Sink CD 2 Disks,
> free updates - New - Lower $39.77 Includes your shipping! Apple OS X 10.2
> 'Jaguar' CD Set/License Only. Complete 2 Disc 10.2 installation Set. The
> Apple OS 10.2 CD set supports installation on any Apple model that OS X is
> supported. This set includes the Mac OS X 10.2 OEM "GRAY" install CDs ONLY -
> no box is included. Factory sealed DISKS ONLY. FREE OSX Kitchen Sink CD - 2
> CD Set ($14.77 value). Free updates to 10.2.8 on appropriately equipped
> systems. Opened software is not returnable. You get all 4 CD's for a Bargain
> Was $49.77 NOW $39.77 and we include FREE domestic shipping! (end of paste)

I hope meant to type update the OS to 10.2.8, instead of 9.2.8. I wouldn't
try. One, inspite of what the blurb states, if they're labeled eMac, then
they may not work on your machine; I recommend canceling the order. Two,
I'd look at Amazon.com for alternatives to getting Jaguar, but make sure
it's the full version and not an updater.