[G4] Re: G4] Can I update my OS with this?

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sun Mar 6 20:36:45 PST 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 11:01 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

> On 03/06/05, Ascender <ascender at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> I have a G4 PowerMac and am trying to update my Operating System to
>> 9.2.8.
>> I only want to update this far as my other software would need to be
>> updated
>> beyond that and I can't afford it at this time.
>>
>> I ordered software from OperatorHeadGap.com   The installation discs
>> say
>> 'eMac Mac OS; Install 1 and 2'.  Can I install these discs or did I
>> order
>> the wrong thing?

I have a Gigabit G4 and I used Jaguar installed from a eMac restore
disk for a while, then  I installed Panther with a Power Book restore
disk.  As a matter of fact, I just finished installing Panther with the
Power Book disks on a RAID I set up.  Just make sure you put the disk
in the drive and then select it as the start up disk before you
restart.  The "C" key thing didn't work for me.

Good Luck

Kevin