[G4] odd screen behaviour

marshagrant at lycos.com marshagrant at lycos.com
Fri Mar 18 12:02:35 PST 2005

I am still plugging away on the G4 350 Sawtooth. I have not gotten X it YET.
Awaiting a processor upgrade, to see if it is the processor giving me trouble

Been tasking it to see how it does otherwize on 9.2
I also put a Radeon 7000 amc edition video card in it that I had in my PTP 250.

When folder windows are open, occassionaly it freezes, and starts to draw a thin black line through the file list left to right and just continues. No other functions can occur, the cursor is frozen.

Has anyone seen this before? Could it be the Radeon card? The processor? Or the logic board going bad?

tia, Marsha

~~warm waves~~