[G4] 10.4 and my Quicksilver ... A problem

Phillip Meza plm at graffiti.net
Mon May 2 06:15:16 PDT 2005

Hello, I'm new to the "list" thank you and I seem to have a problem
that I will try to describe ...
I "upgraded" from 10.3.9 using the 10.4 DVD and my first attempt
failed ... I know about the
"upgrade" path ... I choose to do this because of the task of
reinstalling all of my software was
just to much! anyway, I did some research before attempting again and
it paid off the mac
re-booted to the designated drive, I launched all of my applications
one by one and so far
all is fine ... except for this problem ... When I "restart" from the
apple menu or from a log out
the machine will not restart, the cursor is "active" but all desktop,
icons, dock, menu bar
disappear and the machine does nothing?  So I "force" a boot from the
front panel (big button)
and it re-boots but with a "glitch" Safari opens at a "file" help
page (epson japan). I've tried
repairing permissions (disk utility & cocktail) no good ... Zapping
PRAM? help, please! Phillip