[G4] HDTV vs. LCD monitor

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Tue May 3 17:05:52 PDT 2005

     I have been tinkering with hooking my G4 up to my plane old 20
inch TV as a second display along with my 19 inch CRT.  It works OK
for viewing DVD's and Quicktime movies.  As a display though, it is
rather ugly.

     So, I started looking around at LCD monitors and flat HDTV's.
One thing I have noticed, is that the monitors are capable of much
higher resolutions than even the most expensive LCD and Plasma TV's.

     Considering that a HD TV and a Apple Cinema display are
relatively close in price, which would be a better choice?  I have a
TV card in my G4, so I can watch TV on the monitor if that is what I
end up getting.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin