[G4] HDTV vs. LCD monitor

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Wed May 4 16:47:19 PDT 2005

> On May 3, 2005, at 5:05 PM, Kevin Willis wrote:
>

>>     I have been tinkering with hooking my G4 up to my plane old 20
>> inch TV as a second display along with my 19 inch CRT.  It works
>> OK for viewing DVD's and Quicktime movies.  As a display though,
>> it is rather ugly.

     I did a little experimenting with my G4 and a older TV.  I have
a Radeon 8500 AGP card running my 19 CRT monitor and a Radeon 7500
PCI card connected to the TV.  The only input ports on the TV is a
Analog port.  So, I picked up a $20 box from K Mart that hooks to the
Analog port and provides 4 inputs.  Each input has a S-video port and
Composite A/V.  I put the display from my Miglia TV card on the TV
through the computer and compared it to the regular TV display.

     I was pretty surprised by how much better the picture was when
displayed through the computer.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin