[G4] HDTV vs. LCD monitor

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue May 3 19:33:52 PDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 9:29 PM, James Pacyga wrote:

>>  Considering that a HD TV and a Apple Cinema display are relatively
>> close in price, which would be a better choice?  I have a TV card in
>> my G4, so I can watch TV on the monitor if that is what I end up
>> getting.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The monitors do have more pixels. My wife saw me watching a DVD and
said "If that is what HD looks like count me in"
And I have a simple Lacie CRT.
So your thought is not a bad idea.
depends on your personal comfort and the use of the computer.

  In my case my computer is in my Home office so I bought a 52 inch
Toshiba and hooked up a good DVD.
Looks nice I can tell you. Fun with the PS2. (which keeps my daughterr
from screwing with my DVD recorder)
  Jim