[G4] Jump from Jaguar directly to Tiger?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sat May 14 17:10:15 PDT 2005

Ron and Tim butt heads like so:
> On 29 Apr, 2005, at 7:43, Tim Collier wrote:
>
> I really have to disagree.  The changes in OS X from 10.1 to what I'm
> using now, 10.3 are dramatic.  These are not minor upgrades but
> entirely new OS's each time.  ......Of course all of my Macs will
> support it too, we have two iBooks (a 12 inch 1.2 gig G4 and a 14 inch
> 1.3 gig G4), a dual 1 gig Quicksilver G4 and the one I'm on now, a G5
> 1.8 gig 20 inch iMac.
>
> Ron sed:

> I am not saying that we should ignore the upgrades, but that we should
> understand that they are not necessarily for everybody immediately
> when they are distributed.

What I tend to do is wait 6 months until all the kinks are out. The
reason to do this is partly to be able to keep my work going and not
have to do too much geeky stuff. Yes, my stuff is not always new and
shiny. It's not as much fun to wait, but that's ok. We're all going at
a slightly different speed.

My goal is to upgrade 6 months behind - what actually happens is I get
way behind, as you can see from my sig! That's not good, either!

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X 10.2.0/Classic)
896 MB RAM, 40 GB hard drive