[G4] Jump from Jaguar directly to Tiger?

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sun May 15 13:53:26 PDT 2005

On 15 May, 2005, at 0:23, Snow White wrote:

Also an upgrade stategy I used:  Get a second HD (120 or 160 gig) and
install your system and programs on it and use it as your primary drive
on your current computer.  When you get a new computer just pull the
drive and drop it into your new one or into an external case.  All your
data just moved into your new computer to be accessed within a couple
keystrokes.

I wholeheartedly agree with having a second drive. This is just one way
that it can be useful. You can also use it for backups or experiments
with new programs and not have your original data in jeopardy.

I have three duplicated drives in external boxes, not a RAID array, and
use them for backup and trials or demo software. I haven't lost any
data from my original internal drive in years now except for the stuff
that I personally put in the trash and delete. I recommend FireWire/USB
combo boxes because you get dual compatibliity and can boot to them
with a FW cable.