[G4] Setting an IP address on server

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Mon May 16 09:49:15 PDT 2005

On May 16, 2005, at 09:55, Charles Cox wrote:

> I am trying to establish a selected hard drive on the dual 1 gig G4 as
> an FTP server.

You cannot "establish" a drive as an FTP server. Only a computer can be
an FTP server.

> I prefer not to get into OS X server apps. as I believe this can be
> done on the existing system.

It can. System Preferences > Sharing > FTP access.

If your server is going to be accessible from the WAN (internet) rather
than only from your LAN, then you put yourself at risk. You are
becoming a system administrator, and you better read and know what
you're doing.

<0x0192>