[G4] Setting an IP address on server

Charles Cox chuckcox at pacbell.net
Mon May 16 06:55:53 PDT 2005

Hi to all,

I have a dual 1 gig G4 I'm using as an editing computer equipped with
multiple hard drives, some of which are also partitioned.  This computer is
one of 3, the other two being another Mac and a PC.  All 3 are connected to
the internet via a router.
I am trying to establish a selected hard drive on the dual 1 gig G4 as an
FTP server.  I would like to post files there for uploading by others.
According to the Linksys router instructions, I must first establish an IP
address for the server.  I prefer not to get into OS X server apps. as I
believe this can be done on the existing system.  I'm stuck and can't seem
to find information to help me along.

Has anyone else "been there, done that"?

OS X 10.3.9, dual 1 gig, 1 gig of RAM.

Chuck