[G4] Lost HD

whshaw whshaw at erols.com
Mon May 16 10:17:39 PDT 2005

Hello,
I recently purchased an eMac using OS 10.3.4 and I have been
transferring programs from my G3-mt which is using OS 10.2.8. Sometimes,
I have been installing programs that I had burnt onto a CD made from the G3.
I tried to use the CD to install a Grammarian program. Something bad has
happened and my HD on the eMac is blocked. When I click on the HD, I get
a window from the Grammarian program which says "Connect to the file
server G3-mt as" and it asked for my password. I can type in the
password, and then the spinning ball occurs. There is a cancel button,
but clicking on that brings up the spinning ball. I have to force quit
to get rid of everything. I tried restarting the computer, but
everything stayed the same. If I click on the Finder preferences, I get
the same thing.
Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling the OS again?
Thanks

Wilton