[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 9, Issue 17

Charles Cox chuckcox at pacbell.net
Wed May 18 16:44:16 PDT 2005

 My thanks to Alex and Jim for their comments and suggestions.  Alex, I take
your cautions seriously and will definitely look into the details of being a
system administrator.  If you can point me to some references, it would be
appreciated.
I don't plan to publicize this ftp site.  I do plan to make it known to
selected individuals who need access to some files I'll be creating.  I had
planned to place them in the public folder under users.  It is my
understanding that if I provide a user name and password, this folder will
become available as it will be marked as a "read only" folder.  Is this
correct?

Jim, thanks for the step by step instruction for the router and how to
obtain the IP address assigned to the router.  I hope to continue working on
this during the weekend.

Again, thank you both for your comments.

Chuck