[G4] Transfer Vinyl Audio to CD

Wade Perry wadeperry at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 18 17:24:41 PDT 2005

--- John Erdman <jperdman at earthlink.net> wrote:

> After years of procrastination I am finally going to
> begin transferring
> some of my favorite LP records to digital.

> What's the current good choices for audio capture
> software compatible
> with Tiger? (Shareware or donation ware preferred>)

John,

I have used frequently and reccomend a peice of
software called Sound Studio, by Felt Tip Software. 14
day free trail,$49 USD for the download if you like
it.

http://www.felttip.com/products/soundstudio/

I did notice that you are using X.4

While I can not verify that Sound Studio will work in
X.4, It does work very well in X.3.9

It's great for doing exactly this. You can insert a
"space" for seperating tracks, as well as digitally
edit the file to remove and edit qualities you don't
want.  The only complaint I have is that it is easiest
to record the whole LP "in" and then add the breaks
for digital formats. It is a large file to work with,
but you can vsually "see" the break in the sound wave
to seperate out each song. I have also used it to
"shorten" some of those "drum solos" on some 60's Live
Albums ( oops, showing my age).

Good Luck, It is a tediuos process, but worth the
effort when completed.