[G4] problem with the mail program in panther ...need a fix (cross listed)

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Sun May 22 06:49:02 PDT 2005

Richard,

I have a very similar computer configuration, Quicksilver, 1.25 GB,
Panther 10.3.9, and I have the same problem.

I have come to the conclusion that Mail is trying to fetch data from
the net and is having difficulty. Because it is in the middle of this
operation, it apparently will not release the system until it finishes.
Even the three figure salute doesn't stop it. Powering down will
because you are shutting down the net interface.  I am pretty sure that
this is what is happening on my machine -- or some derivative of that.

So if I am correct, now the question is why can't it complete the net
operation?  I use Road Runner on cable.

rich