[G4] problem with the mail program in panther=>PROCESSOR UPGRADE

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sun May 22 07:32:20 PDT 2005

I recently upgraded to a 1.4 GHz OWC Mercury Extreme (QS 2002, originally 800 MHz).  Nice speed bump.  Nice boost.  No problems other than an external USB 2.0 2.5" HD no longer would mount unless I supplied external power to it.  However, I believe this is more likely caused by my also having upgraded the video card to an ATI Radeon 9000 which probably demands more power from the PCI/AGP bus.  I believe that because the 1.4 GHz processor in the CPU upgrade supposedly draws less power than the original 800 MHz processor.

--Steve