[G4] Re: Who or What is " ClamAV"

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 25 19:39:21 PDT 2005

Tony,

You win the award!  The clamxAV engine remover did the trick!  It let me
ditch the clamxav user on my system.

For the benefit of other OSX 10.4 users if you logout and see there is a new
user on your system called ClamAV, get the Engine remover suggested by Tony.
It is the ONLY way you can ditch this user of your Mac.  I don't recall ever
installing ClamAV (or whatever). From the web page it may have been
installed as part of the Fink unix package that goes with Mac X11 that I
tried last year.

Thanks again Tony, the strange user is history.  I just reset the
permissions and other good stuff to make sure it is really gone for good.
Yes, I searched on clamxav and trashed everything associated.

Dick

?