[G4] thanx but...

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu May 26 18:19:06 PDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 2:21 PM, keithw wrote:

> James Asherman wrote:

>>> Yeah, but I wouldn't in this case.
>
>> I don't think it is off base at all to suggest that someone actually
>> read a book in order to get started.
>> These books are available in public libraries.
>> Often, reading one clears some stuff up.
>> Jim
>
> Yup. True.
> I was ONLY addressing the poster's words "mac snob" and "...attitude."
> I have no problem with asking a person to read the manual, or anything
> similar. Only with the attitude of the person calling others put-down
> names.
> There's no need for that.

As a non-pro, non-tech Mac user, I liked Alex's suggestions.  I thought
his tone at the beginning was overly aggressive, but I can't go as far
as agreeing with the "mac snob" bit.  I am not familiar with the
original problem that Tim Collier nicely referred to, but here we have
two different ways to try to help people.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.